NOTE: Case CATalyst version 12 and higher use our keyless security option called e-Key. If you are eligible for e-Key and haven't converted yet, please contact Stenograph Technical Support at 800-323-4247 for more information.
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 7
NOTE: Microsoft will end support of Windows 7 on January 14, 2020, and will no longer provide security updates or support information. Stenograph strongly recommends using a current Operating System due to security concerns and limited ability to troubleshoot Windows 7 related issues.
Computer Processor (CPU)
- A processor speed of 2GHz or higher. An Intel i3, i5, i7, or AMD equivalent is strongly recommended.
- 2 GB of RAM or more.
- 4 GB of RAM or more is required if using the RealTeam feature.
- If you use Case CATalyst VP, at least 4 GB of RAM is recommended.
- 40 GB hard drive with at least 20 GB of free space. An 80 GB hard drive or larger is recommended.
- A DirectX 9 compatible video card with a minimum of 256 MB Video RAM.
- SVGA monitor capable with a 1024x768 or higher resolution.
- A Windows compatible sound card for audio recording at 8KHz, 16-bit.
- A Windows compatible external, self-powered or battery powered microphone.
- A USB port for the writing machine to write realtime, update the writing machine dictionary, and update the writing machine software.
- A 9-pin Serial port to connect the writing machine to write realtime. If your computer does not have a 9-pin Serial port you will need a USB to Serial port compatible adapter. Depending on your writing machine, a 9-pin Serial port may be optional.
- A Windows compatible mouse or other pointing device.
- External Floppy Drive for reading notes from legacy writing machines and importing files from older CAT software.
- NOTE: Many editing commands rely on the Function Keys (F1 - F12), especially relying on F4 when inserting format symbols. Stenograph suggests you purchase a PC that has Function Keys.
This document does not address Apple computer recommendations. For information, click our article about using Case CATalyst on an Apple computer.
Make sure the computer you purchase has a return or exchange policy in case incompatibles arise.