Search: Advanced search
Please enter a keyword or ID
Excluding Specific File Types
Cloud Backup allows you to exclude specific files types or file extensions from being backed up to the cloud. Excluding certain file types may be especially useful if you want to take full advantage of your Cloud Backup storage space with only the file types you want backed up. By default, the following file types are excluded:
.dmp – file created if CATalyst crashes.
1. Open the Cloud Backup Status dialog box by clicking the Cloud Backup icon (Alt + u, k).
2. In the Cloud Backup Status dialog box, click the Settings button (Alt + o).
3. In the Settings dialog box, click Exclude Extensions... button or press Alt + x.
4. The Exclude Extensions dialog box displays with the default excluded file types listed.
Do any of the following:
To add a file type to the exclusion list, click the "New" icon (Ctrl + i) in the upper right corner . An empty box displays, type a period followed by the file extension. For example, to prevent audio (.wav) files from being backed up to the cloud, type .wav. Repeat the process to exclude more file types.
To remove a file type from the list and have those file types backed up to the cloud, highlight the file extension and click the "Delete" icon (Delete key).
NOTE: Changes do not affect files that are already backed up in the Cloud.
5. Click OK (Enter), to save your changes. To close the Settings dialog box, click the Close button.