When Case CATalyst is installed on your computer, the Stenograph PDF Printer is installed as well. Sometimes the printer is not installed (rights on the computer do not allow printer installation) or is accidentally deleted from the computer. If this happens, the Stenograph PDF Printer can be installed by running two files located in the Cat4 folder.
- If you're using Windows 7 left click on the Start button and then left click on Computer.
If you use Windows 8.1 or Windows 10, left click on the File Explorer icon on the Taskbar. It's to the right of the Start button .
- Under the group "Hard Disk Drives", double left click on the C drive.
NOTE: In this image the C drive is called "Acer (C:)" but it may also be called "Local Disk (C:)" or another name but will always have "(C:)" after the name.
- Double left click on the Cat4 folder.
- In the Cat4 folder, scroll down and find a file titled sgpdf.exe. Right click on the file and then left click on "Run as administrator".
- The Amyuni Document Converter dialog box will appear. The box will show files being copied to your computer and will take a few seconds to finish. When the dialog box says "Printer setup succeeded", click OK. The dialog box will close.
- While still in the Cat4 folder, scroll up a bit and find a file called install pdf printer.bat. Double left click on the file.
- A DOS window will appear for a few seconds and then close. Now the Stenograph PDF Printer is installed.
- To verify the printer is installed, open Case CATalyst and click on File, Print (Ctrl-p). The print dialog box appears. At the top of the box, click the down arrow next to "Printer:" and the Stenograph PDF Printer will be a selectable printer.